- April 3rd – Lunch & Learn “Neurodiversity Affirming Parenting Strategies” with Laura Maher from 12:00 to 1:30 pm. Mrs. Maher is a teacher assistant at Bethany Busy Bee and her son is currently a student here also. Her other two children attended Bethany Busy Bee previously. “Does everything you try in effort to change behavior in your child(ren) seem to be in vain? Is there something different about your child(ren) and you cant figure out what it is? Do you feel perpetually in “survival mode” or constantly stuck? Invisible disabilities, trauma and cognitive diversity affect a large number of our youth and we usually don’t know. Early intervention is key to carving a positive path forward for your family. If your child(ren) is exhibiting tricky behavior let’s work together to find out what they might be trying to tell you.” We look forward to seeing you! Please RSVP by Monday, April 1st, to allow us to plan accordingly for childcare. Please list the names and ages of the children under comments and send a lunch with your kids. If you have any specific questions you would like the speaker address about this topic, please email them to us by the April 1st, as well. The entire event, food for attendees, and childcare is a gift to you, your family and friends. To RSVP by Monday, April 1st, please use this link: Lunch & Learn April 3rd
- April 3rd & 4th – Science: Planting Seeds
- April 10th, 11th, & 12th – School Pictures (with Cap and Gown for the kids that will be moving on to Kindergarten or First Grade). Retakes on _______. If you would like to volunteer to help shuttle kids from the classroom to the photographer and then back to class again, please use this link to sign-up: Photo Day Volunteer
- April 8th thru 12th – “Free” Bethany Busy Bee Community Swap and Grab from 8:45 – 1:45 pm
We will be having a “Free” Bethany Busy Bee Community Swap and Grab the week of April 8th through Friday, April 12th from 8:45 – 1:45 pm.
It’s Spring cleaning time and while you are deciphering what to keep and what needs to move on…. keep Bethany Busy Bee’s FREE swap-n-grab in mind. This will be held in the Fellowship Hall. Families may bring their gently used items that they no longer need (clothes, books, toys, pretty much anything- it may be someone else’s treasure). All families (even if you did not bring anything) get to look through all the items brought and see if they can use any of the items and take it home with them for Free! This is a great way to “pass it forward” and help other families enjoy the items that you no longer need. It’s a win – win for everyone! All items that remain after April 14th will be sent to ARC, therefore please take as many items as you are able to use for yourself or your family and friends.
Please keep in mind that Monday is the first day that people start bringing their items in, therefore the items may not be completely set up until around 11 am and items may continue to be brought in throughout the week. Thanks for your patience.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
- April 10th & 11th – Parent Partnership Appreciation
Please join us after dropping off your child for a small token of appreciation that we have planned for you. This is Bethany Busy Bee’s way to show our appreciation to all families for all your support and partnership throughout the year. We truly appreciate you!
- April 17th & 18th – Science: Butterflies and Ladybugs
- April 18th – Lunch & Learn “Body Safety” with Whitney Dittmar from 12:00 to 1:30 pm. Mrs. Dittmar is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over 11 years’ experience working with children, adolescents, adults and families. Her sons attended Bethany Busy Bee. We look forward to seeing you! Please RSVP by Monday, April 15th, to allow us to plan accordingly for childcare. Please list the names and ages of the children under comments and send a lunch with your kids. If you have any specific questions you would like the speaker address about this topic, please email them to us by the April 15th, as well. The entire event, food for attendees, and childcare is a gift to you, your family and friends. To RSVP by Monday, April 15th, please use this link: Lunch & Learn April 18th
- April 19th – Art Show, An Evening Gala from 4:30-7:30 pm. This is one of our most popular family events. Come enjoy your child’s unique masterpieces created throughout the school year. Each child will have about 3-4 works of art on exhibit. Enjoy your this gala experience with crafts in the foyer and fun outdoors play in the playground weather permitting. We will also have a free family photo booth for the child’s end of the year memory book, and refreshments in the sanctuary. Feel free to invite your extended family and friends for an evening of family fun.
This is an invitation not an expectation. However, your presence is valued and an R.S.V.P. is much appreciated. To RSVP, please use this link: Art Gala 2025
- April 22nd thru April 26th – Denver Rescue Mission – Community Service Opportunity. Bethany Busy Bee families collect diapers and wipes for the needy as part of our Community Service. This shows kids how everyone is able to help others that are less fortunate and when you do it in a group, it really impacts many!
- April 24th & 25th – Special Olympics Young Athlete’s Day – Parents are welcomed to come and watch their child participate in these outdoor activities. Each class will participate during their normal recess time and Kindergarten will participate on Wednesday, April 24th from 1 pm to 1:30 pm. We also need a few volunteers to help. Please sign-up to volunteer with this link: Special Olympics Young Athletes Day Volunteers