- April – Science: Planting Seeds
- April – Sharing the Fruits of the Spirit. This month teachers went over the Fruits of the Spirit in their classrooms. We wanted to share some of the fruits of the spirit with the community by sending home what we hope initiates a “pass it forward” activity. Your teacher will provide you with more details.
- April 6, 7, & 8 – School Pictures (with Cap and Gown for the kids that will be moving on to kindergarten or First Grade). Retakes on Wednesday April 20th.
- April 8 – LIFT: Technology Balance with Andrew Hayes from 12:00 – 1:30pm. Please join us as Andrew Hayes, Ambleside Principal and parent, speaks about Technology Balance. What is the right balance especially now with online learning and COVID. The speaker, light refreshments, and childcare is all complementary as a gift to you. Please RSVP by Friday, April 1st with this link: RSVP for “Technology Balance” to plan accordingly for childcare and please send your child with a lunch. If you have any specific questions you would like the speaker address about this topic, please email them to us by the April 1st, as well.
- April 8 & 13-14th – Easter Celebrations Each child brings a dozen prepackaged eggs. Your teacher may request one volunteer per class to help hide the eggs if needed.
- April 15 – NO SCHOOL – Good Friday
- April 16 – Saturday Easter Celebration at Bethany from 10 – 11:30 am
Bethany Busy Bee and Bethany Evangelical Free Church would love to have you join us for a morning of fun and fellowship as we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus with a variety of Easter crafts, hear the resurrection story and hunt for eggs for kids 2 to 10. Bring your basket or a bag to collect your eggs.
Weather permitting there will be outdoor activities, and at 11:30 there will be a picnic area available near the pavilion for your use if you would like to bring a picnic lunch and the playground will be open from 11:30 until 12:30 pm for families with young children.
Come for fun engagement for the whole family. We look forward to seeing you here! RSVP with this link to receive an email reminder the day before the event.
- April 19 & 20 – Science: Butterflies and Ladybugs
- April 22 – Art Show, An Evening Gala from 5-7 pm
This is one of our most popular family events. Come enjoy your child’s unique masterpieces created throughout the school year. Each child will have about 3-4 works of art on exhibit. Enjoy your this gala experience with crafts in the foyer and fun outdoors play in the playground weather permitting. Search for 10 hidden bees amongst the art with our Bee Scavenger Hunt.
In the sanctuary we will have live music, a free family photo booth for the child’s end of the year memory book, the Usborne Book Fair, and refreshments sponsored by Developmental Pathways and ordered from Wellspring Bakery.
We recommend our guests wear a mask and maintain social distance while visiting the Art Gala.
This is an invitation not an expectation. However, your presence is valued and an R.S.V.P. is much appreciated. Please use this link to RSVP: Art Gala 2022
- April 25 – 29 – “Free” Busy Bee Community Swap and Grab from 9 – 1:30 pm
We will be having a “Free” Busy Bee Community Swap and Grab the week of April 25th through Friday, April 29th from 9 – 1:30 pm.
It’s Spring cleaning time and while you are deciphering what to keep and what needs to move on…. keep Busy Bee’s FREE swap-n-grab in mind. This will be held in the Fellowship Hall. Families may bring their gently used items that they no longer need (clothes, books, toys, pretty much anything- it may be someone else’s treasure). All families (even if you did not bring anything) get to look through all the items brought and see if they can use any of the items and take it home with them for Free! This is a great way to “pass it forward” and help other families enjoy the items that you no longer need. It’s a win – win for everyone! All items that remain after April 29th will be sent to ARC, therefore please take as many items as you are able to use for yourself or your family and friends.
You may go downstairs to the Fellowship Hall after completing the temperature and well check at drop off. Masks must be worn and we appreciate you maintaining social distancing.
Please keep in mind that Monday is the first day that people start bringing their items in, therefore the items may not be completely set up until around 11 am and items may continue to be brought in throughout the week. Thanks for your patience.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
- April 27 & 28 – Parent Partnership Appreciation
This is Busy Bee’s way to show our appreciation to all families for all your support and partnership throughout the year. We truly appreciate you! Your child will take home a token of our appreciation.
- 4/30 or 5/1- “Dia Del Nino” – Day of the Child celebration with our sister church, Vida Nueva