- April – Science: Planting Seeds
- April – Sharing the Fruits of the Spirit. This month teachers went over the Fruits of the Spirit in their classrooms. We wanted to share some of the fruits of the spirit with the community by sending home what we hope initiates a “pass it forward” activity. Your teacher will provide you with more details.
- April 6, 7, & 8 – School Pictures (with Cap and Gown for the kids that will be moving on to kindergarten or First Grade). Retakes on Wednesday April 20th.
- April 8 – LIFT: Technology Balance with Andrew Hayes from 12:00 – 1:30pm. Please join us as Andrew Hayes, Ambleside Principal and parent, speaks about Technology Balance. What is the right balance especially now with online learning and COVID. The speaker, light refreshments, and childcare is all complementary as a gift to you. Please RSVP by Monday, April 4th with this link: Technology Balance to plan accordingly for childcare and please send your child with a lunch. If you have any specific questions you would like the speaker address about this topic, please email them to us by the April 4th, as well.
- April 8 & 13-14th – Easter Celebrations Each child brings a dozen prepackaged eggs. Your teacher may request one volunteer per class to help hide the eggs if needed.
- April 13 – Speaker Jack Lipski will be doing a follow up on “Parenting with Love and Logic”. Bring your questions. This is an evening event from 6-7:30pm. Please RSVP with this link .
- April 15 – NO SCHOOL – Good Friday
- April 16 – Saturday Easter Celebration at Bethany from 10 – 11:30 am
Bethany Busy Bee and Bethany Evangelical Free Church would love to have you join us for a morning of fun and fellowship as we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus with a variety of Easter crafts, hear the resurrection story and hunt for eggs for kids 2 to 10. Bring your basket or a bag to collect your eggs.
Weather permitting there will be outdoor activities, and at 11:30 there will be a picnic area available near the pavilion for your use if you would like to bring a picnic lunch and the playground will be open from 11:30 until 12:30 pm for families with young children.
Come for fun engagement for the whole family. We look forward to seeing you here! RSVP with this Easter EGG HUNT link to receive an email reminder the day before the event.
- April 19 & 20 – Science: Butterflies and Ladybugs
- April 22 – Art Show, An Evening Gala from 5-7 pm
This is one of our most popular family events. Come enjoy your child’s unique masterpieces created throughout the school year. Each child will have about 3-4 works of art on exhibit. Enjoy your this gala experience with crafts in the foyer and fun outdoors play in the playground weather permitting.
We will also have a free family photo booth for the child’s end of the year memory book, and refreshments in the sanctuary.
Feel free to invite your extended family and friends for an evening of family fun.
Join your teacher at the following times:
· Mrs. Hall @ 4:30p;
· Mrs. Fallt and Mrs. McGowan @ 5:00 pm;
· Mrs. Haun and Mrs. Cain @ 6:00 pm;
· Mrs. Pyne @ 6:30 pm
· Mrs. Mack’s MDO may join at any time.
This is an invitation not an expectation. However, your presence is valued and an R.S.V.P. is much appreciated. Please use this link to RSVP: Art Gala 2022
- April 25 – 29 – “Free” Busy Bee Community Swap and Grab from 9 – 1:30 pm
We will be having a “Free” Busy Bee Community Swap and Grab the week of April 25th through Friday, April 29th from 9 – 1:30 pm.
It’s Spring cleaning time and while you are deciphering what to keep and what needs to move on…. keep Busy Bee’s FREE swap-n-grab in mind. This will be held in the Fellowship Hall. Families may bring their gently used items that they no longer need (clothes, books, toys, pretty much anything- it may be someone else’s treasure). All families (even if you did not bring anything) get to look through all the items brought and see if they can use any of the items and take it home with them for Free! This is a great way to “pass it forward” and help other families enjoy the items that you no longer need. It’s a win – win for everyone! All items that remain after April 29th will be sent to ARC, therefore please take as many items as you are able to use for yourself or your family and friends.
You may go downstairs to the Fellowship Hall after completing the temperature and well check at drop off. Masks must be worn and we appreciate you maintaining social distancing.
Please keep in mind that Monday is the first day that people start bringing their items in, therefore the items may not be completely set up until around 11 am and items may continue to be brought in throughout the week. Thanks for your patience.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
- April 27 & 28 – Parent Partnership Appreciation
Please join us after dropping off your child for a small token of appreciation that we have planned for you. This is Busy Bee’s way to show our appreciation to all families for all your support and partnership throughout the year. We truly appreciate you!
- April 28 – LIFT: Please join us as Leah Martin, Home School Mentor and a Bethany Busy Bee Parent, speaks to our parents about “How to Home School”. Leah has a Master’s degree in Reading Curriculum and Instruction, and taught in public schools for 7 years before moving to teaching at an Ambleside School, where she learned Charlotte Mason’s philosophy. Now she mentors home schooling families and discusses how to best use home school curricula. Come with your questions. To find more information about Leah’s mentoring home schooling use this link https://cmplenary.com/about/leah-martin/.The speaker, lunch, and free childcare are all a gift from Bethany Busy Bee to our parents. Please list the names and ages of children needing childcare under comments and bring a lunch for your kids too. Please RSVP by April 22nd so we can make appropriate preparations.