- September 30 thru October 3rd – Business Table Fair!
Busy Bee families get to display their business information, at no cost, on tables in the hallway during this week. To confirm your participation, please RSVP with this link: Business Table Fair Confirmation
- October 2nd – Fire Truck Visit at 10 am
Firemen bring their cool fire truck to Busy Bee to show it to all the kids! As long as there is no emergency they will be here at 10 am. If they were to have a call, they would have to leave to attend to the emergency. Sadly, starting this year the fire truck visit is only able to occur on one day per their new regulations of one visit per site. Therefore, everyone who would like to participate is welcome to join us.
We will issue the meal to the firemen this day. Thank you so much for your partnership with this thoughtful gesture.
- October 3rd – Police Car Visit at 10 am
- Policeman bring their cool police car to Busy Bee to show it to all the kids! As long as there is no emergency they will be here at 10 am. If they were to have a call, they would have to leave to attend to the emergency. Therefore, everyone who would like to participate is welcome to join us.We will issue the meal to the policeman for his station this day. Thank you so much for your partnership with this thoughtful gesture.
- October 4th, NO SCHOOL – TEACHER IN-SERVICE
- October 5th, Parenting Safe Children Workshop at Bethany from 10-2 pm. $53.75 per person, Busy Bee will reimburse attendees $25 with this Parenting Safe Children Scholarship Form . Childcare will be available. To register use this link: Parenting Safe Children Registration
- October 9th – Field Trip to Littleton Historical Museum:
- 10:00 am – Mrs. Cain, Mrs. Haun, and Mrs. Mack’s Classes
- 11:00 am – Mrs. Fallt and Mrs. McGowan’s classes
- October 10th – Field Trip to Littleton Historical Museum:
- 10:00 am – Mrs. Cain, Mrs. Haun, and Kindergarten Classes
- 11:00 am – Mrs. Fallt and Mrs. McGowan’s classes
To receive a reminder for the field trip please RSVP with this link: Littleton Museum Field Trip 2019 RSVP
A parent or guardian bring their student to the museum and stay to enjoy their tour at the Littleton Historical Museum with other Busy Bee families, which is located at 6028 S. Gallup St. Littleton, CO 80120. You may bring a packed lunch to have a picnic after the museum tour as we walk together to the park across from the museum (optional). There is NO LUNCH BUNCH with the museum visit. This is not a regular school day.
In the case of bad weather, we will have a regular school day with Lunch Bunch and reschedule to a future date.
- October 15th & 16th – I’m “Digging” Archaeology Kids get to learn about archaeology and excavate bones.
- October 15th & 16th (11th for MDO) – Donuts with Dad 8:15 – 9:30 am
Dads come in early to have a doughnut and coffee in the foyer with your child before class begins.
To receive a reminder for Friday, Oct 11th, please RSVP with this link: Donuts with Dad MDO 2019
To receive a reminder for Tuesday, Oct 15th, please RSVP with this link: Donuts with Dad TTH 2019
To receive a reminder for Wednesday, Oct 16th, please RSVP with this link:Donuts with Dad MWF 2019
- October 17 & 18 NO SCHOOL – Parent Teacher Conferences. Child comes in by appointment.
Parents will sign up from designated slots during preschool hours to visit with your child’s teacher. There will be onsite childcare so parents and teachers are able to meet privately.
- October 23, 24, (& 25th for MDO) – Fall School Pictures 8:30 – 12 pm.
Every child gets taken a picture, there is no obligation to purchase. The child will be pulled from their classroom during the school time. Siblings and/or family pictures may be taken from 8:30 to 9:15 am. The photo company will give a copy of each child’s photo to the preschool for the preschool to use in the child’s memory books. Parents will receive a picture packet and have about two weeks to review it. Parents can pay for the pictures they want to purchase on line or by check. Pictures will be delivered to the school. Please feel free to ask the preschool office if you have any questions.
You may sign up to volunteer with this sign up link: Fall Photos Volunteer 2019
- October 23rd – L.I.F.T. “Short and Long-term Value of Saying “no” to your kids” with Jack Lipski from 12 to 1:30 pm
Please RSVP by Wednesday, October 16th with this link:“Saying No” to your kids with Jack Lipski 2019 and let us know under comments the names and ages of the children that will be staying for Lunch Bunch or in child care. Please bring a lunch for the children.The entire event, food, and childcare is a gift to you, your family and friends.We look forward to seeing you there.
- October 25th Parent’s Nite Out 4:30 – 8 pm with Nature’s Educator
Enjoy a parents night out, while the kids have fun at Busy Bee. We will have a presentation by Nature’s Educator Animal Presenter, games, art, music, dinner, gym play, and Veggie Tales.
Children between 0 – 10 years old are welcome to participate. The price includes a child’s dinner: chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, and apple sauce. Please include any allergies.
$25 for the first child, $15 per additional child, up to $50 max per family. You may pay online or at the preschool.
Only 50 spots available!
Please sign up by Wednesday, October 19th to secure your spot: Fall Parent’s Night Out 2019
- October 28th thru November 1st – Collect Items for Operation Christmas Child (OCC)Boxes.
In efforts to promote community service opportunities at Busy Bee, we participate each year in collecting items and boxes (the plastic boxes serve as a storage bin later for the children) for Samaritan’s Purse, Operation Christmas Child. Please see this link for their official website Operation Christmas Child.
It’s shoebox time again! What a blessing to be a part of this annual project to give shoeboxes of simple gifts to children in need across the world. Compared to those children, we have so much to be grateful for. Each child only receives one box in their life, as they try to offer an opportunity to everyone each year to reach the most children.
To make things simple, consider bringing several of one or two items to go in the shoeboxes. Bring items to Busy Bee by Friday, November 2nd. For suggestions or signing up for a specific item please see this link: OCC Sign Up 2019
- October 30th & 31st – Fall Festival 10:30 – 12 pm
Every year the children get to participate in our parent led Fall Festival. There are various festival games throughout the preschool where a parent leads a small group of kids (4-5 kids) through each station. The parent guides each child on how to do the activity and then moves on to the next station until all stations are completed. We need parent volunteers to lead groups, run stations, and take pictures. Please sign up to volunteer at Fall Festival 2019 -Volunteer Sign Up
- October 31st – Trunk and Treat in the Bethany parking lot 5 – 7 pm. Please join us for candy and prizes in the Bethany parking lot from 5 to 7 pm. For a reminder email the day before please use this link: Trunk or Treat at Busy Bee 2019