- January 7 – Preschool Resumes with Lunch Bunch
- January 7 – PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION FOR 2020-2021 opens for Busy Bee families
- January 8 & 9 – Science: Animals in Winter
- January 11 – Flapjack fundraiser at Applebees 7:30 to 9:30 am
- Come have breakfast at Applebees along with your Busy Bee friends, families and staff. Tickets may be purchased for $10 at the preschool office. The breakfast consists of pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, milk, juice, coffee, soft drinks. The class with the most sales wins a Class Pizza Party! Busy Bee receives $6 for every ticket purchased. For a reminder, please use this link: Flapjacks at Applebees
- January 15 – Parent Resources Speaker “Learning to Like New Foods: a ‘Recipe’ for Joyful Mealtimes” with Amanda Gersbeck, RD Early Childhood Nutrition Specialist.
Come learn practical ideas for enjoying mealtimes with young children that will help build a strong foundation for healthy, lifelong eating habits. Tips for setting up a positive mealtime environment will be explored so that everyone looks forward to spending time eating together.
Amanda Gersabeck is a Registered Dietitian with over 20 years of experience working with young children and their families.
Please RSVP for “Joyful Mealtimes: Learning to Like New Foods” 2020 by Wednesday, January 8th to schedule proper staffing for childcare. Please list the children’s name and ages under comment. Light refreshments are provided. Please bring a lunch for your kids staying for Lunch Bunch or childcare. Everything is complimentary. We look forward to seeing you!
- January 16 – L.I.F.T. “Anxiety & Attachment Issues” with Whitney Ditmar from 12:00 to 1:30 pm.
Come learn more about anxiety in children and its effect on the brain and body as well as attachment parenting. We will talk about supports and ways to practice better self-care to help manage all the stressors children and families are facing in today’s culture.
Mrs. Dittmar is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over 11 years’ experience working with children, adolescents, adults and families. Her sons attended Busy Bee.
Please RSVP by Thursday, January 9th to schedule proper staffing for childcare. Please list the children’s name and ages under comment. Childcare and light snacks are provided. Please bring a lunch for your kids staying for Lunch Bunch or childcare. Everything is complimentary. We look forward to seeing you!
Please RSVP with this link: Anxiety and Attachment Parenting 2020 with Mrs. Dittmar
- January 20 – NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King Day
- January 21 – Registration for 2020-2021 School Year Opens to New Families
- January 21 – January 31 ~ Parent – Teacher Conferences
Please make an appointment with your teacher to meet for Parent – Teacher Conferences by using the links below:
- January 22 & 23 (24 for MDO)- Rodeo Days, Activities from 10-12. Parent Volunteers Needed from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
We have our annual Rodeo Days January 23rd and 24th. We need a volunteer for each classroom to help us prepare, and serve the special cowboy snack (beans, wieners, biscuits & apple juice) and clean up afterwards. We also need parents to guide a group of kids from each class through the various activities, help them with the line dance and teach them how to gallop their stick horses. We’d love to have a photographer to take pictures of children throughout the activities. And a couple of parents manning the milking the cow station and the cow pie toss station. Thank you!
Please sign up here: Rodeo Days 2020 Volunteer Sign Up
- January 27 thru 31st. – Denver Rescue Mission – Community Service Opportunity Busy Bee families collect diapers and wipes for the needy as part of our Community Service. This shows kids how everyone is able to help others that are less fortunate and when you do it in a group, it really impacts many!