Fundraising and grants are a significant resource for Busy Bee, as we strive to keep our tuition and fees affordable. Our income from tuition and fees covers about 90% of our operational expenses, so other streams of revenue are essential.
We utilize the fundraisers to cover the costs of materials, food, prizes, and personnel for the family programs provided such as: the monthly L.I.F.T. (which consists of speaker, brunch, and free child care), the fall festival, Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas Program, Rodeo Days, Art Gala Night, Muffins with Mom, Donuts with Dad, and Pizza with the Pastors.
For several years the grant from the Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation which provides tuition assistance for families with extenuating circumstances, has required Busy Bee to obtain matching funds. We raise these matching funds through various fundraising efforts.
Like everything else, we understand everyone is different and not everyone likes all the fundraisers or to fundraise at all. Therefore, we have various fundraisers available so hopefully there is one that every family likes. You do not have to participate on all fundraisers but you are certainly welcome to participate in all that you like. And if you prefer to opt out of all the fundraisers, you may donate $100 to opt out.
Some of our fundraising efforts are through:
- King Soopers Community Rewards makes fund-raising easy by donating 5% to Busy Bee Preschool based on the shopping you do everyday. Once you link your card to Bethany Evangelical Free Church (Busy Bee does business under the church’s name), all you have to do is shop at King Soopers and swipe your King Soopers’ Card or enter your Alt ID! You enroll once and then there’s nothing else you need to do ever again. The rewards come to both you and Busy Bee as you shop.To Enroll for Community Rewards Program:
- Simply go to KingSooperscomunityrewards.com and click on Enroll Now to enroll/select an organization.
- Search by name using Bethany Evangelical Free Church for Bethany Busy Bee Preschool.
If you do not have an account created (your King Sooper’s Card registered with their website) you can “create an account” to register your King Sooper’s card. Then you enroll for Community Rewards by following the 2 steps above.
Easy piecee, batta bing, batta boom! Thanks for helping Busy Bee while you shop!
- Amazon Smile- Please sign up with this link: Amazon Smile – Bethany
- Did you know that when you shop for the holidays at smile.amazon.com/ch/84-0529898, AmazonSmile donates to The Bethany Evangelical Free Church of Littleton Colorado? When you sign up for Amazon smile, Amazon will donate .5% of your eligible purchases to Bethany Busy Bee Preschool. You can either sign up with the link provided or you can go to your amazon account & lists, then select Amazon Smile Charity Lists, select the “Join Amazon Smile” button, search for “Bethany Evangelical Free Church of Littleton” where Busy Bee is part of. Every time you go to Amazon you must start at smile.amazon.com to have Busy Bee receive donation. You may also download the Amazon assistant that will guarantee that anytime to log into Amazon with your device, it will automatically take you there through smile.amazon.com without having to do anything else. Easy piecee, batta bing, batta boom! Thanks for helping Busy Bee while you shop!
- Box Tops- Bring in your box tops. Each one is worth $.10, it may not seem as much but it definitely adds up. Thanks for helping Busy Bee while you shop!
- Butterbraid Sales- prior to Christmas Break and prior to Easter.
- Walkathon and Trikeathon – simply collect sponsor donations. Walkathon is 9/30 and 10/1, forms will go with the student. Trikeathon is 2/26, 27 & (28 for MDO), forms will go with the student.
- Flapjack Fundraiser at Applebees – Come eat pancakes at Applebees. Bring your family and friends. Join other Busy Bee families for breakfast and a fun time, Saturday November 2nd from 7:30 to 10 am.
- Silent Auction – We collect donations of items or services from businesses and offer them during the week of November 18th and close the auction on our silent auction dinner, Friday, November 22nd. Parents have an entire week to view and bid. Bid closes during the dinner on Friday evening. Parents may bid on great items offered.
- Monetary Donations – You may opt out of fundraising by donating $100. All monetary donations are eligible for Tax Credit see FYI 35 PDF Form https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income35.pdf
Any and all ideas and assistance are welcomed and greatly appreciated! We are truly grateful and thankful for all your support.