Tuition Assistance is a partnership between Busy Bee and parents who desire, but are unable to provide an early education for their child. Busy Bee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, ethnicity, religion or abilities in the award of tuition assistance. Funds for tuition assistance are available through the generous donations of the preschool and church families as well as annual fundraising, and grant awards to Busy Bee. There are limited funds available each year, and to be considered, a confidential application must be submitted to the governing board for review.
Applications for the new school year are due by the first week of September. Financial need will be based on income, family size, and family assets. Tuition assistance is only applicable to the monthly tuition, families will need to pay the full Registration Fee. Re-enrolling families receive priority consideration for tuition assistance. The governing board will retain 10% of the donated funds for emergency situations or extenuating circumstances that develop over the course of the year. Busy Bee typically limits awards to 10% – 50% of the tuition, with 90% as the maximum award available. Families are required to submit a copy of their most recent taxes along with the completed tuition assistance form. The chair of the governing board will send a letter to the applicant confirming or denying their request for tuition assistance by the end of September. The approved tuition assistance will be applied monthly to your account, starting with September’s tuition.
Stipulations for Tuition Assistance
- Any school balances from a prior school year must be paid in order for a new application to be considered.
- The full Registration Fee must be paid to secure the child’s spot.
- Parents must attend the Financial Planning Seminar hosted by Bethany Busy Bee and Bethany.
- A “Good Faith” payment of any reasonable amount is appreciated whenever you are unable to pay your full portion.
- If there is no Good Faith payment or communication regarding payment due at the end of each semester (December and May), the tuition assistance will be withdrawn and no future tuition assistance will be allocated until the past due balance is paid.
- Parents receiving tuition assistance are expected to be actively involved in fundraising and volunteer activities that promote the school for a minimum of two hours per month. Parents must sign the volunteer log each time they volunteer.
- CCAP applications are to be completed for parents who are enrolled in school.
- Tuition assistance is not automatically renewable. You are required to re-verify each semester and families must reapply for assistance each school year.
You may complete the following application to see if you qualify for assistance. Tuition Assistance Application 2021-2022 PDF fillable
All tuition assistance applications must be submitted by Labor Day to be considered. You will be notified if you qualify and for how much you qualify the Friday of the first week of school. In order to determine who qualifies and how much is allocated to each family that qualifies, we have to have all submitted applications on hand to make that determination. If you start preschool after the first day of school, there might be some funds still available if a student withdraws or if a families’ finances change over the school year.
Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
Bethany Busy Bee is now a CCAP provider and is able to accept these funds from families that qualify for CCAP. Please visit the following link for more information and to apply for CCAP.