- August 9- Free Family Event “A Cowboy’s Tale” performance by Merry Andrew Afoot at 10 am Please join us on Tuesday August 9, 2022 for this fun and free family event with our long time friend, Merry Andrew Afoot. He will be performing the play, “A Cowboy’s Tale”. The performance starts at 10am in our sanctuary. Afterwards, light snacks will be available and our playground will be open until 12:00pm. Please RSVP by Friday August 5, 2022.
- August 17 – Free Family Event– Ukulele Sing Along at 6p with dinner and dessert served at 5:15pm. We’d love to have you join us on the evening of Wednesday August 17th for a Family Ukulele Sing Along. We’ll have a free pizza dinner at 5:15 pm and ice cream Sunday’s after the sing along. Promises to be both a fun and unique time together. Please RSVP by Monday August 15, 2022.
- 2022 Teacher Home Visits- First Parent – Teacher Conference
Teacher home visits is the first parent – teacher conference done in the child’s comfort environment of their home, which is when they first meet their teacher in a one on one setting. Please sign up to your child’s teacher home visit conference held during August using the corresponding links below. Place your cursor over the teacher’s name to access the link:
- 2022 Back to School Meet and Greet at Busy Bee
Children get to meet their teacher, play with their classmates on the playground while parents mingle with other families. This provides more familiar faces for the first day. Each class meets separately and plays on the playground, small groups of kids and families will be taken to the classroom for a tour, you may sign up for volunteer opportunities, and ask any questions you may have.
Please RSVP with this link: 2022 Meet & Greet RSVP
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Classes meets:
- Monday, August 29th – Mrs. Mack’s and Mrs. Churchman MWF classes meets on the playground at 5:15 pm
- Wednesday, August 31st – Toddler MW Class meets on the playground at 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 31st – Mrs. Fallt’s MW class meets on the playground at 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 31st – Mrs. McGowan’s MWF class meets in the classroom at 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 31st – Mrs. Haun’s MWF class meets on the playground at 6:15 pm
Tuesday and Thursday Classes meets:
- Monday, August 29th – Mrs. Mack’s and Mrs. Churchman TTH classes meets on the playground at 6:30 pm
- Thursday, September 1st – Toddler TTH Class meets on the playground at 4:30 pm
- Thursday, September 1st -Mrs. Fallt’s TTH class meets on the playground at 5:00 pm
- Thursday, September 1st – McGowan’s TTH class meets in the classroom at 5:00 pm
- Thursday, September 1st – Mrs. Haun’s TTH class meets on the playground at 6:15 pm
Friday Class and Kindergarten meets:
- Monday, August 29th – Mrs. Mack’s MDO Friday class meets on the playground at 4:00 pm
- Friday, September 2nd- Toddler Friday Class meets on the playground at 4:30 pm
- Friday, September 2nd – Kindergarten class meets on the playground from 5:00 pm
- September 5th – NO SCHOOL, Labor Day
- September 6th – Parent Orientation 9:00 am – 11:00 am for all that meet T&TH & Kindergarten
- September 7th– Parent Orientation 9:00 am – 11:00 am for all classes that meet MW, MWF, and Friday.
Parents and students come at 9 am for Orientation, which begins at the sanctuary. The parents and student(s) will then be dismissed to meet at the child’s classroom where the teacher will conduct a classroom orientation. Parents will return to the sanctuary while the students stay in the classroom to have a snack and play on the playground for Toddlers, Mrs. Fallt, Mrs. McGowan and Mrs. Mack’s classes, and the Gym for Mrs. Haun, Mrs. Mack/Ms. Churchman and the Kindergarten classes. This provides a soft start, easing into the first day of school.
The Director will go over the school handbook in the sanctuary. Both returning parents and new parents are required to attend, as new state regulations will be covered along with new and updated policies and procedures. School Orientation ends around 11 am, parents or guardians will go and pick up their child(ren) from the classroom. This is not a full day or the first day of school. A parent or guardian is required to attend the entire orientation. Your key card for the preschool front entrance will be issued on this day in a packet along with a printed school calendar, class roster, and other information about upcoming school events.
The first day of school is from 9:00am – 12:00pm: (and 9:00 am – 1:30 pm for MDO):
- September 7th (Wednesday) – First Day of School for Kindergarten
- September 8th (Thursday) – First Day of School for classes that meet T&TH
- September 9th (Friday) – First Day of School for classes that meet MWF & MDO/Friday only
- September 12th (Monday) – First Day of School for classes that meet MW
- September 14th – AWANA WELCOME 6PM
- September 14 & 15 (Wednesday & Thursday) – Pizza with the Pastors 12 to 1 pm.
Come meet Bethany Pastors and staff while you have some yummy pizza at 12 noon in the foyer.
- September 19th (Monday) – Lunch Bunch begins from 12 – 1:30 pm. Lunch Bunch is an optional extended day available to children enrolled any day from Monday through Friday. Bring a lunch and the child stays until 1:30 P.M. The children eat lunch with the teacher and their friends. This time is an ideal opportunity for social conversation as well as learning to use good table manners. Art projects, science, cooking, or games are planned as well as time for free play. The cost of Lunch Bunch is $15.00 which can be paid on that day, or with your monthly tuition. The process is simple, just write LB on the sign out section when dropping off your child in the morning to indicate that they will be staying for Lunch Bunch instead of your initials. You pick up at 1:30 pm.
- September 19th – Fire Safety Talk with the Fire Department at 10:15 am. The fire department comes into Busy Bee to talk about fire safety such as “crawl low and go!” and fire drills. This is a great way to introduce fire drills and the importance to practice fire drills at least once a month.
We will also be collecting a meal for the First Responders as part of our community service opportunity. The meal will be issued to them at their visit to Busy Bee on Monday, September 19th. Please RSVP to bring in a dish: Firefighter’s Meal
- September 20th – Women’s Fellowship “The Gathering” Kick Off! 9:30-11:30 am on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday mornings September 2022 through May 2023
- September 21 & 22 Science: Smokes a ‘risin!
- September 22nd – L.I.F.T. “Discerning Speech and Language Issues” with Sue Berscheid, M.A., CCS-SLP from 12:00 to 1:30 pm. She is a Certified Speech Language Pathologist with a Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology. Please join us and RSVP by Thursday, September 15th. Let us know under comments the names and ages of the children that will be staying for Lunch Bunch or in child care. Please bring a lunch for the children. The entire event, food, and childcare is a gift to you, your family and friends. Please RSVP: LIFT September 22nd
- September 26 thru 30th – Business Table Fair! Busy Bee families get to display their business information this week. It is free and we provide the tables. Please RSVP to reserve a table with this link: Business Table Fair
- September 28 & September 29 – Walk-a-thon on the Highline Canal
- ~ Mrs. Haun from 9:15 am to 10:15 am
- ~ Mrs. McGowan from 9:30 am to 10:30
- ~ Mrs. Fallt from 9:45 am to 10:45 am
- ~ Mrs. Mack/Ms. Churchman from 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- ~ Mrs. Hall from 10:15 am to 11:15 am (bring your strollers, wagons, etc.)
- ~ Mrs. Pyne from 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm
Parents, siblings and grandparents are welcome to join in and come along the walk-a-thon with the kids. Please wait outside to meet with your child’s class. To sign up to volunteer, please use this link: Walk-a-thon Volunteer