- Back to School Meet and Greet at Busy Bee Playground
Children get to meet their teacher, play with their classmates in the playground and parents get to mingle with other families. This provides more familiar faces for the first day. You may turn in your school supplies (list on supply list tab), play in the playground, have a preschool tour for those who would like one, you may sign up for snacks and volunteer opportunities, and ask any questions you may have. You are welcome to bring fresh fruit to share. The dates are listed below:
- Wednesday, August 28th – Mrs. Fallt’s MW and Mrs. McGowan’s MWF classes meet from 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
- Wednesday, August 28th – Mrs. Haun’s MWF and Mrs. Cain’s MWF classes meet from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Thursday, August 29th- Mrs. Fallt’s TTH and Mrs. McGowan’s TTH classes meet from 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
- Thursday, August 29th – Mrs. Haun’s TTH and Mrs. Cain’s TTH classes meet from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Friday, August 30th – Mrs. Mack’s MDO and the Kindergarten class meet from 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- NO SCHOOL, Labor Day – September 2nd
- September 3rd – Parent Preschool Orientation 9:00 am – 11 am for T&TH Classes & Kindergarten- Meet in the Sanctuary
- September 4th – Parent Preschool Orientation 9:00 am – 11 am for MW, MWF & MDO Classes – Meet in the Sanctuary. Mrs. Mack’s MDO class will meet in the Walker Room by the alcove as her classroom for this day only.
Parents and students come at 9 am for Preschool Orientation, which begins at the sanctuary. The parents and student(s) will then be dismissed to meet at the child’s classroom where the teacher will conduct a classroom orientation. Parents will return to the sanctuary while the students stay in the classroom to have a snack and play on the playground for Mrs. Fallt, Mrs. McGowan and Mrs. Mack’s classes and the Gym for Mrs. Haun, Mrs. Cain and the Kindergarten classes. This provides a soft start, easing into the first day of school.
The Preschool Director will go over the preschool handbook in the sanctuary. Both returning parents and new parents are required to attend, as new state regulations will be covered along with new and updated policies and procedures. Preschool Orientation ends around 11 am, when parents or guardians will go and pick up their child(ren) from the classroom. This is not a full day or the first day of school. A parent or guardian is required to attend the entire orientation. School supplies may be turned in, if you haven’t done so yet. Your key card for the preschool front entrance will be issued on this day in a packet along with a printed school calendar, class roster, and other information about upcoming school events.
The first day of preschool is from 9-12 noon (and 9-1:30 pm for MDO):
- September 5th – First Day of School for T&TH classes & Kindergarten
- September 6th – First Day of School for MWF & MDO classes
- September 9th – First Day of School for MW Mrs. Fallt’s class
Please have your child use the bathroom and wash their hands prior to taking your child to the classroom each day, even if this was already done at home. Hand washing before entering the classroom has been proven to keep children and staff healthy throughout the school year. Also, parents are to apply sunscreen prior to dropping the child off at school. We appreciate your help with these daily practices.
Classroom doors open at 9:00 am. Children are dropped off inside the classroom at 9:00 am, parents or guardian must sign in daily.
Pick up time is 12 noon (or 1:30 pm for Friday MDO Class), parents or guardians must sign out daily.
- September 9 – Lunch Bunch begins from 12 – 1:30 pm.
Lunch Bunch is an optional extended day available to children enrolled any day from Monday through Friday. Bring a lunch and the child stays until 1:30 P.M. The children eat lunch with the teacher and their friends. This time is an ideal opportunity for social conversation as well as learning to use good table manners. Art projects, science, cooking, or games are planned as well as time for free play. The cost of Lunch Bunch is $10.00 which can be paid on that day, or with your monthly tuition.
The process is simple, just write LB on the sign out section when dropping off your child in the morning to indicate that they will be staying for Lunch Bunch instead of your initials. You pick up at 1:30 pm and the children will be either at the playground or in the gym where you will sign out your child then pick up their backpack from their classroom.
- September 11 & 12 – Pizza with the Pastors 12 Noon to 1 pm.
Come meet Bethany, Calvary, and Vida Nueva Pastors while you have some yummy pizza at 12 noon in the foyer.
- September 17 & 18 Science: Smokes a ‘risin!
- September 19: LIFT “Praying for Your Children” The 4 Steps of Prayer with Lisa Freyschlag, CO Moms in Prayer Coordinator from 12-1:30 pm.
A mom’s heart is often bent towards worry. We have plenty in our world to be concerned about, and raising children can be daunting! Powerful, effective prayer can move a mom from worrier to prayer-warrior. Children’s lives are girded up and changed as moms join to praise and thank the God who created each one, and then cover over their schools and kids with intentional prayers from the Word of God. You will never be the same!
Lisa Freyschlag Bio.:
I am the Colorado Stat Coordinator for Moms in Prayer International (Moms who pray for kids and schools). For two decades, I prayed in Moms in Prayer groups while raising our children, and I found it to be my “favorite hour of every week” as I shared my mom-heart through prayer with other like-minded women. My husband Griff and I have three grown, married children and seven grandchildren (six and under). My delight and passion is in connecting women and sharing the joy, peace and power of prayer that is based on scripture and led by the Holy Spirit.
Please RSVP with this link: LIFT “Praying for Our Children” by September 12 to allow us to plan accordingly for childcare. Please list the names and ages of the children under comments and send a lunch with your kids. The speaker, refreshments, horderves, and childcare are all complimentary as a gift to you from Bethany Busy Bee Preschool. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Fire Safety Talk with the Fire Department at 10:15 am
September 24 – TTH and Kindergarten classes
September 25 – MW, MWF, and MDO classes
The fire department comes into Busy Bee to talk about fire safety such as stop, drop and roll and fire drills. This is a great way to introduce fire drills and the importance to practice fire drills at least once a month.
We will also be collecting a meal for the firemen and policemen as part of our community service opportunity. The meal will be issued to them at their visit to Busy Bee on Oct 2nd and Oct. 3rd. If you would like to participate please sign up to bring an item with this link: Firemen/Policemen Meal Community Service 2019
- September 30 & October 1st ~ Walk-a-thon on Highline Canal
We would love some volunteers, please sign up with this link: Walk-a-thon 2019 Volunteer Sign Up