Welcome to Bethany Evangelical Free Church,
We are excited to have you join us for our Sunday Morning Children and Family Ministry and look forward to creating community with you in the future. Your interest in our programs is important to us and we want to provide information to make your family’s involvement easier and more engaging.
- Bethany’s Missional Vision and Values –
As a community of Christ followers who are whole heartedly responsive to the love of God, radically transformed into the image of Christ and powerfully mobilized into Kingdom work by the Holy Spirit, we are committed to leading others to become devoted followers and ministers of Jesus Christ. Our values are: an open Bible, a Bended Knee, a Joyful Heart, a Hospitable Spirit, a Servant Attitude, an Evangelistic Fervor, and a Global Mindset.
- 9:00 Sunday School Classes for all ages–
Nursery: birth-age 2.5, Preschool: age 2.5- age 5, Primary: Kindergarten thru Grade 3, Intermediate: Grade 4- Grade 6, and Youth: Middle and High School. Kids build relationships
with leaders as they learn about the Bible through stories, study, songs, crafts, and games. Kids go to their classes at 9:00 after parents sign them in at the computer by the preschool room. Elementary aged children will stop for water and the restroom before supervised free play from 10:20 to 10:40 on the playground or in the gym in inclement weather. Preschoolers also have opportunity for active play on the playground, weather permitting.
- 10:45 Children’s Church-
Elementary aged children can join Children and Family Ministry volunteers in the Tree House for further reinforcement of Bible lessons, prayer, songs, games, and discussion the first, second, fourth and fifth Sunday of the month. Children attend the first portion of our church service for worship and praise with their family and then are dismissed for Children’s Church. Parents will pick their child up at the Tree House after the service. Family Sundays are the third Sundays and all children stay with their families for Church including Communion. There will be paper and pencil activities to help the children follow along during the service.
- AWANA- Wednesday evenings September- May from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Join us as we go deeper into God’s Word with AWANA. Bible memorization, games, songs, and special events make AWANA the highlight of the week for our kids.
- Baptism Basics Series: Presented by Children & Family Ministry– Join us for 3 short sessions in which kids, parents and leaders review and discuss the essential elements of baptism. Study and discussion materials provided. Upon series completion, engage in a brief but required conversation with our pastor and Children’s Ministry leaders. Baptism candidates are invited to celebrate Baptism with us here at Bethany during our Easter service on April 12th. Parent or other trusted adult participation required during series. Thank you.
- Monthly Community Service Opportunities-
This is a partnership with Sweet Dreams, North Littleton Promise, Open Door Ministries and other local groups to establish the foundation of a servant’s heart. Join us as we seek to serve our Lord and make a positive impact on our community for Christ.
- Monthly Relationship Building Opportunities-
This time is planned especially for fun and making friends. Events and specifics vary from month to month. Interests include picnics and playground dates; theater and concert experiences; movie nights; nature hikes and fishing; and more.
- Invitation and Access to Bethany Busy Bee Preschool LIFT and Parent Education Presentations- With our ministry partner, Busy Bee Preschool, parents and families can benefit from the expertise and wisdom from local professionals like Jack Lipski, James Nee, Lily Chang, Whitney Dittmar, and others.
All Children and Family Ministry Servers are faithful and committed believers in Jesus Christ. They sign a statement of faith, and we have their background checked through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
We at Bethany Evangelical Free Church desire to serve, connect, and build relationships with you and your children. Please contact us at church, 303-798-8419 or preschool, 303-468-9521 if you have any further questions or would like more information.
Joyce Bertram – Children and Family Ministry Director,
Meredith Haun- Children and Family Ministry Coordinator,