Serving as a Family through Community Service
Bethany Busy Bee is partnering with other agencies to provide various opportunities for families to serve, invest, or volunteer with them. Research suggests that involvement in these activities builds awareness and compassion for others, decreasing depression and increasing a sense of fulfillment through meaning and purpose.
We start off in September by having parents sign up to bring a meal to show our thanks to the Firemen that will come by to show their firetruck to the kids in October. In October we collect items for Samaritan’s Purse (Operation Christmas Child). In November we pack the boxes for Operation Christmas Child with the items we collected in October such as school supplies, toiletries and toys to be distributed to children in third world countries. There is such a huge need that children only receive a gift like this once in their life. In December we review the Bible story of “Jesus feeding the 5000” and create emergency kits for families to share with people in need. In January, we partner with the Denver Rescue Mission to provide diapers and wipes for their single mothers to assist with their expenses. In March, we partner with Sweet Dreams in a Bag to put together bedding and stuffed animals for children in crisis, transition or shelter. This brings kids a smile to know they have something of their own. You may assist in packaging the items and/or donating the items. In May we partner with North Littleton Promise, hosting a station with various preschool activities during their Cinco de Mayo fundraising event. Families are able to help with the activities such as face painting or lead simple games; or donate prizes. The funds collected are used for summer activities that provide additional education to children that are second language learners. Thank you for your partnership in helping others!
Please remember that all events held at Busy Bee are an opportunity to participate, it is never an obligation simply an invitation!
This is the list of 2019-2020 Community Service Opportunities at Busy Bee:
- September 23 – Sign up to bring an item to provide a meal for the firemen in our area. We will issue the meal on October 2nd when they bring their firetruck by Busy Bee to show the kids.
- October 28 to November 8 – Collect items for Operation Christmas Child
- November 12 & 13 – Pack boxes for Operation Christmas Child from 10:30 to 1:30 pm. Free lunch and lunch bunch for families who stay to volunteer.
- December 20 – We review the Bible story of “Jesus feeding the 5000” and create emergency kits for families to share with people in need. Bring your donations to the collection bin at the foyer.
- January 27 to January 31 – Join Busy Bee as we partner with Denver Rescue Mission, collecting diapers and wipes for needy families. Bring your donations to the collection bin by your classroom.
- March 21 – Sweet Dreams in a Bag. Join Busy Bee for a community project packing bags for displaced children. We will be packing a bag for children displaced due to poverty, homelessness, or distressed home environments. Bags include a twin comforter, sheet set, fleece twin blanket, soft pillow, small stuffed animal, toothbrush & toothpaste. Children in temporary housing get to choose their own bag of bedding to keep. You may also donate any of the items listed if you would like, but it’s not necessary. Come participate in giving a helping hand. Lunch will be provided. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- April 27 to May 1 – FREE Swap n Shop! Bring all your gently used items that you no longer need and allow another Busy Bee Family enjoy the free gift. Items not taken will be donated to Goodwill, therefore, please grab what you like! Clothing, books, toys, shoes, baby items, nick knacks, etc.
Thank you for joining with us to serve! If you have any other suggestions on how you feel Bethany Busy Bee families and students may serve please email us at email@example.com.